We provide full housekeeping and house manager staffing:
We have many seasoned housekeepers who are detailed deep cleaners.
- They are knowledgeable when it comes to cleaning delicate fixtures and floorings (marble, woods, limestone, etc) as well as valuable furnishings, antiques, and the like.
- In addition, they can do more than just clean. Some who have child care experience can occasionally watch a child while you or the nanny runs out on an errand.
- They can even drive a child to an activity.
- Take charge of pet care such as walking the family dog..
- Our house managers are responsible for the smooth running and overall general well being of the home.
- House managers are usually entrusted with family charge cards and oftentimes must manage a household money account which can be limited or quite substantial.
- They perform many helpful tasks and errands, including gassing the cars, grocery shopping, dry cleaners, personal shopping, stocking fridge and pantry with staples and favorites, keeping tabs on all paper and cleaning supplies.
- Sometimes even food prep
- They arrange drivers to pick up family members and or guests (they can also pitch hit as drivers).
- They call in the proper service experts when things break down or when it's time to wash the windows, carpets, etc.
- They log in, oversee and pay vendors and or all repairmen who work on renovation and or other projects in the home.
- They often prepare a light breakfast for family member or whip up some lunch for an unexpected guest.
- They are responsible for seasonal decorations of the home at Christmas and other holidays.
- Duties also include updating the closets and drawers with seasonal clothing changes from winter to spring to summer.
- Many are required to be computer literate with knowledge in the running of a variety of specific computer programs, especially for families with busy travel and party calendars.
Combo nanny- housekeeper- house manager
The combo nanny whose duties cross over into both housekeeping and house manager has become such a popular request/feature at American Nanny & Home Care that we just had to give it some special attention. Often times as the children grow older and begin attending school part of the day or full time, busy family's needs change.
- The nanny now must drive the children to and from school as well as to afterschool activities.
- While the children are in school the nanny performs a number of household chores and errands to varying degrees.
- Some combo nanny- housekeepers are willing to do full charge deep cleaning along with the family laundry.
- Other candidates have a background in which they do only lighter cleaning/ home maintenance in between the family's weekly or bi- monthly cleaning service.
- There are also a number of house manager errands such as grocery shopping, some meal prep cooking, arrange service people to make necessary home repairs (oversee their work) along with a variety of helpful organizational projects around the house (closets, etc).
- Ask about our combination nanny/housekeepers!